Champlain Regional and Local HSJCC Objectives
a) Committee’s over all goals and key commitments:
Provide regional leadership to support implementation of the government’s policy framework (1997) for individuals who come into contact with the criminal-justice system and have needs that can be met by regional human services systems.
b) Committee’s specific objectives:
· To support the individual and collective efforts of Regional and Local Committees.
· To identify regional, local or provincial service and policy issues and make recommendations to address such issues to appropriate government and other bodies as determined by the nature of the issues.
· To identify solutions to systemic problems.
· To promote consistency of approach across Champlain, while recognizing regional diversity.
· To enhance the engagement of the HSJCC Network (which includes the Provincial, Regional and Local Committees).
· To share information across the HSJCC Network and beyond (knowledge transfer).
To provide a structure for accountability for the HSJCC Network.