Cochrane District Local HSJCC’s Goals and Objectives:
a) Committee’s over all goals and key commitments:
The Cochrane District Human Services and Justice Coordinating Committee is designed to help coordinate resources and services, and plan more effectively for people with clinical needs who are in/or have potential to be in conflict with the law.
b) Committee’s specific objectives:
- Facilitate communication through effective linkages among health, criminal justice and social service sectors and between HSJC committees
- Identify issues with respect to service delivery, capacity, service enhancement and capacity building potential
- Address issues such as access to and duplication of services
- Coordinate training opportunities for all sectors involved in serving the target population
- Provide informed input and advice concerning research, system design planning, program implementation and resource requirements/allocation to the partner ministries.