Durham Regional HSJCC Objectives
a) Committee’s over all goals and key commitments:
- To meet Provincial HSJCC objectives and support the mandate.
- Help create solutions to enhance the system.
- Increase Durham Regional HSJCC Membership with diverse (system) representation and key players on the committee who have connections with other key players.
- To create a better understanding of the of the different systems and services.
- Collaboration of stakeholders to bring about change for quality care and services provided.
b) Committee’s specific objectives:
- Regular scheduled bi-monthly meetings with Agenda that includes roundtable discussions and updates as a standing item.
- Increase information sharing among members using centralized administration support and via email between meetings to enhance communication, knowledge sharing and working together.
- Maintain updated information on Provincial website regarding Durham Regional HSJCC. Increase education and knowledge transfer through education events (in the Spring).
- Have assigned, organized and working sub-committees within the Durham Regional HSJCC with follow through/moving forward on issues regarding enhancement of services.
- Work closer with the Court system.
- Focus on top issues: Aging population – Geriatric, Dementia, Seniors; Housing; Higher needs/Complicated/Higher level short and long term supports regarding Youth issues; Diversion and Property belongings issue. Please refer to IV. Scope of Program – Committee Workplan plan for further specifics.