- This event has passed.
Promoting Healthy Brain Aging and Preventing Dementia: Research and Translation
June 20 @ 8:00 am - June 22 @ 5:00 pm
Campus Alberta Neuroscience and the Alberta Healthy Brain Aging and Dementia community are pleased to announce their second international conference, Promoting Healthy Brain Aging and Preventing Dementia: Research and Translation, to take place June 20-22, 2018 at the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity in Banff, Alberta, Canada.
This event is in follow-up to a successful conference of the same name held in 2016. That conference brought together people of different fields and backgrounds and allowed for cross-disciplinary connections and innovative conversations. The audience included researchers, physicians, policymakers, trainees and members of the community from Alberta, Canada and around the world. Several new, promising developments resulted from the event, including new funding into Alberta dementia research, greater connection to national initiatives, and new collaborations formed.
Topics of presentation and discussion at the 2018 conference will focus on:
• New frontiers of biomarker research, early detection and precision health application
• Neurodegeneration as a connect-opathy
• Cutting-edge rodent models and the path to diagnostics/ therapeutics
• Exercise and cognitive interventions for healthy brain aging and prevention of dementia
• Applied research in dementia