Our Regional HSJCC goals and objectives
a) Committee’s over all goals and key commitments:
A Regional committee with dedicated membership from Community Service Providers, Mental Health and Social Services and representation from each Ministry (Ministries of the Attorney General, Community and Social Services, Children and Youth Services, MOHLTC and Community Safety and Correctional Services). To address the ongoing concerns of Adults and Youth with a Serious Mental Illness, Developmental Disability, Dual Diagnosis or Acquired Brain Injury that are considered at high risk within the community and/or who have frequent contact with the Criminal Justice System.
b) Committee’s specific objectives:
- To provide a planning table to bring together service providers to find solutions to the problem of the criminalization of people with defined unique needs.
- To discuss and implement strategies using best practice to assist individuals who fall through the gaps in service delivery between the mental health, developmental disability, acquired brain injury and criminal justice services.
- To enhance discharge planning from the criminal justice system into the community and improve access to community resources for this population when necessary.
- To improve linkages with community stakeholders.
- To work towards keeping the client/community safe along with respecting clients rights whenever possible.
- To be proactive in providing treatment and support for this population.
- To facilitate ongoing educational activities for staff who provide services to these clients.
- Local Committees
- Committee Members
- Committee Business