Provincial HSJCC Call for Abstracts 2017
The Provincial HSJCC Conference Planning Committee invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at the 2017 Conference “Walking the Path…Finding the Way to Wellness”.
The HSJCC Network is a dynamic, voluntary collaboration between over 1600 professionals from across the human services and justice sectors. Together, at the Local, Regional and Provincial levels, they coordinate resources and plan more effectively for people with unique needs who are in conflict with the law.
The Provincial HSJCC Conference is the network’s premiere educational event – bringing together more than 400 professionals from across the human services and justice sector to share promising practices, build cross-sector networks and engage in solutions for the people they serve. Attendees benefit from a richly engrossing program that leaves them better equipped and inspired to meet the needs of Ontarians.
The 2017 Conference Committee is seeking abstracts from individuals or agencies across Ontario who can contribute solution-focused knowledge, expertise, innovative and best practices that can enhance, complement or expand services and systems currently in place.
The conference program will reflect a range of themes while showcasing work being done on the frontlines, within the Ministerial and Justice Sector.
Abstracts related to the following streams will be accepted:
· Aboriginal / First Nation / Métis and Racialized Populations
· Aboriginal / Culture Perspectives
· Family / People with Lived Experience
· Self Care / Wellness
· Youth / Social Media / Bullying / Suicide
· Veterans / Post Traumatic
The Provincial HSJCC Conference Planning Committee is accepting abstracts for the following conference formats:
· Concurrent Presentations: 30, 60 or 90 minutes in length
· Poster Presentations
Instructions for Abstract Submission
Online Submission Link: https://surveygoldcloud.com/s/139D44A612D04BBB/2184.htm
Submitting Your Abstract
Complete the following information:
• Identify the area of focus/stream
• Title of Presentation (relevant to submission/focus of your presentation)
• Educational Objectives
• Name(s) of presenter(s) as you would like them to appear in the conference program
• Identify format: 30, 60 or 90-minute Concurrent Session or Poster Presentation
• Key Contact Information (address, email and telephone number)
• Biography of each presenter (50 words or less)
• Abstract suitable for inclusion in the conference program (sales pitch/description of your presentation)
• Keypoints that will be in your powerpoints / Outline of presentation
• Presentation method details (also include audio/visual equipment required, room set up preference, etc.)
All submissions will be evaluated using the following criteria:
· Relevance to the conference theme
· Clarity and Coherence of the submission
· Contribution of knowledge, expertise or best practices
· Relevance and utility to participants
· Evidence that submission will encourage interaction among conference participants
· Key points of presentation and evidence of “participant take-away”
Acceptance As Presenter:
Please note: Presenters must be paid registrants. Honoraria and travel reimbursement are not available.
An electronic version of the presentation must be submitted to the event coordinator shortly before the conference for posting to the HSJCC website.
Presenters will be provided with a designated time to present by the conference committee.
Presenter(s) may submit multiple abstracts for the conference Deadlines:
Call for Abstracts Opens: January 23rd, 2017
Abstract Submission Deadline: March 10th, 2017
Results Notification: March 27, 2017
We look forward to receiving your abstract submission!
For any questions regarding the abstract submission process, please contact:
Sherry Sim, Event Manager Innovative Business Solutions Telephone: 1.866.655.8548