a) Committee’s over all goals and key commitments:
Provide leadership for local initiatives which support implementation of the government’s policy framework for individuals who come in contact with the criminal-justice system and have needs that can be met by regional human service systems.
b) Committee’s specific objectives:
· Ensure availability of effective and efficient resources for people with specific needs through advocacy and collaboration.
· Increased understanding of court diversion and support.
· To be a leader in training initiatives related to human services and justice populations including initiatives such as LEAD training.
· To bring forth local concerns to regional planning table (i.e. ER wait times, standard language between police and mental health professionals)
· To support attendance at educational and training initiatives
· Identifying service gaps
· To align with provincial and regional goals and initiatives