Peel Regional HSJCC Goals and Objectives:
a) Committee’s over all goals and key commitments:
The major goal is to find local solutions to local problems through more effective service coordination.
Each committee should articulate a strategy to meet the needs of this target population that include:
- Prevention Strategy
- System Design Recommendations
- Crisis Plans
- Community Intervention Plans
- Court Assessment Plans
- Case Management Plans
Task Goals are concerned with:
- Achieving specific and concrete tasks
- Solving specific problems
- Reaching identifiable outcomes (outcomes may be one-time events or ongoing)
Process Goals are more concerned with:
- The working relationship among groups in the community, the building community integration and the service capacity.
- Developing self-sustaining problem solving structures.
- Improving the power base of the community.
- Stimulating wider community interest and participation.
Fostering collaborative attitudes and practices within the community
b) Committee’s specific objectives:
- Facilitate communication through effective linkages among the health, the criminal justice and the social service sectors.
- Identify issues with respect to service delivery and capacity.
- Address issues such as access to and duplication of services.
- Complete a needs assessment to determine predominant issues.
- Foster understanding of the target population through community education.
- Provide informed input and advice concerning system design, planning and resource allocation to the partner ministries.
- Evaluate the committee within the eight (8) performance domains:
- Meets expectations of community providers and funders.
- Is located in the right place based on needs.
- Provides service, which is relevant to community needs.
- Individual member’s knowledge and skills are appropriate to meet the needs of the committee.
- Provides uninterrupted, coordinated service to the community over time.
- Interventions or actions achieve desired results.
- To function in the most cost effective manner.
- Considers the potential risks of recommendations or actions and ensures that the risk is avoided or minimized.