Stormont-Dundas-Glengarry-Prescott-Russell & Akwesasne Local HSJCC Goals and Objectives:
a) Committee’s over all goals and key commitments:
Our Goal is to find local solutions to local problems through more effective collaboration. We do this by:
• Coordinating and planning efforts between Health, Criminal Justice, Developmental Services and other organizations.
• Articulating a strategy to meet identified needs in the areas of prevention, system design, crisis plans, community intervention plans and court assessment plan.
• Monitoring and evaluating the collective effectiveness and efficiency of the strategies.
b) Committee’s specific objectives:
• Implementation of a Specialized Mental Health Court for youth mental health, adult mental health, adults with developmental disabilities/dual diagnoses.
• Improve visibility about this committee and joint-ventures with other collaborative committees.
• Advocating for Mental Health and other necessary human services training amongst front line workers and other service providers.
• Provide advocacy and support to Youth and Adult sector and other justice related initiatives.
• Increase cross sector collaboration.
• Provide training for service providers in regards to Mental Health Court, transitional housing, Addiction and Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities, Youth Mental Health and other educational needs.
• Bridging gaps in services for those whom the system cannot accommodate due to their challenging nature.