7th National Conference on Indigenous Criminal Justice Post Gladue
2019-04-13 @ 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
April 23, 2019 will mark the 20th anniversary of the Supreme Court of Canada’s decision in R. v. Gladue. Join an experienced, multi-disciplinary faculty from across Canada to discuss what’s working, what isn’t working and what the priorities should be moving forward. If you work with Indigenous people involved in the justice system, this is an important event that you should not miss.
- Where is the Canadian justice system 20 years post the Gladue SCC decision?
- Gladue and parole ; Innovative approaches and practical case study
- A national and international perspective on Indigenous specific courts including an on reserve court
- Why are there no Indigenous courts where we might expect them?
- Latest case law update on leading post- Ipeelee cases and their impact on Gladue principles