- Provincial Committee
- Regional & Local Committees
- Our Work
- Biennial Conference
Provincial HSJCC Biennial Conference
The Provincial HSJCC Biennial Conference is the network’s premiere educational event bringing together over 400 professionals and persons with lived experience from across Ontario.
Alternate Realities: How to support clients who experience psychosis
September 26 @ 9:00 am – September 27 @ 1:30 pm
This two part, 8 hour webinar provides participants with an experiential and reflective opportunity to learn to support clients who hear voices, or experience other types of alternate realities (visual, tactile, etc. hallucinations) using a client centred, recovery-based theoretical framework. Alternate realities will be explored and defined. Foundational concepts and skills are explored and linked directly to practice. These are then applied to examples of clients who may experience distressing voices or alternate realities.
The workshop includes a mixture of lecture and small/large group discussions.
- Understand the meaning and stages of Alternate Realities
- Understand the experience of hearing voices
- Examine foundational concepts and skills required to better support clients
- Understand and apply the Interview Process in client support