- Provincial Committee
- Regional & Local Committees
Regional and Local HSJCCs
Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Pine Ridge
Northwest Regional Centre of Responsibility
- Our Work
- Biennial Conference
- This event has passed.
Harm Reduction in Practice
March 7 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
An in-depth look at harm reduction as a foundational model for health and social services. This interactive multimedia workshop will invite participants to engage in several core principles that comprise harm reduction as related to substance use. Through large and small group discussions and various group and individual exercises, participants will cultivate a more concrete understanding of harm reduction and work to develop an assortment of tools and strategies to better implement harm reduction practically in their professional and personal lives.
- Gain an understanding of the principles and practices of harm reduction;
- Understand the role of stigma in the negative health outcomes for People Who Use Drugs;
- Learn about common harm reduction supplies and their uses, including safe disposal practices;
- Gain an understanding of harm reduction programming in our community.
$69 – $109