Mindfulness Techniques to Enhance your Mental Health
2021-06-23 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Participants in this workshop will discover the latest research and theories in order to understand how they can develop a mindfulness practice in both their personal and professional lives.
Through an analysis of how our brains interpret the constant flow of sensory information, participants will learn how to improve their decision making and time management, as well as developing a tolerance for change, improving assertiveness, managing stress, developing empathy, and enhancing their communication skills, social skills, and anger management – all important parts of our overall mental health.
By understanding their own needs as well as those expressed by others, participants will be able, with practice over time, to help reduce their own anxiety, tension and fear. The goal is to recognize that their individual attitudes about mindfulness will increase the likelihood of reducing maladaptive behaviours in themselves and others.
Participants will learn about:
- Various definitions and meanings of mindfulness and self-regulation.
- Research into how our physical and mental health is connected
- Fixed and growth mindsets
- Emotional intelligence and how to analyze our 5 core emotions
- Brain-based calming methods with a focus on guided meditation.