- Provincial Committee
- Regional & Local Committees
Regional and Local HSJCCs
Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Pine Ridge
Northwest Regional Centre of Responsibility
- Our Work
- Biennial Conference
- This event has passed.
Motivational interviewing and harm reduction with youth
April 27 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
This training will focus on evidence-based interventions geared towards youth who use substances. It will provide background and instruction on therapeutic techniques for increasing youth engagement and strategies for addressing substance use concerns – in particular motivational interviewing, harm reduction, and the transtheoretical model. Participants will engage in self-reflection and will provide the space for live role plays, as well as live discussion opportunities.
- Identify the unique needs of youth who use substances
- Gain familiarity with the stages of change model and how it pertains to intervention with youth
- Acquire harm reduction strategies to engage youth more effectively
- Leave with case formulation and motivational interviewing strategies that will assist them in their clinical work with young people