- Provincial Committee
- Regional & Local Committees
- Our Work
- Biennial Conference
Provincial HSJCC Biennial Conference
The Provincial HSJCC Biennial Conference is the network’s premiere educational event bringing together over 400 professionals and persons with lived experience from across Ontario.
Poverty, Mental Health, and Social Inclusion
February 2 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Join the Health Equity Impact Assessment (HEIA) Community of Interest for a webinar presented by Drs. Cheryl Forchuk and Rick Csiernik about their latest book, Poverty, Mental Health, and Social Inclusion.
This book examines the connections between poverty, mental illness, and social exclusion in Canada. Social inclusion is difficult to achieve for people who both have mental health disorders and live in poverty. The research in the book includes input from people with lived experience and over 35 community partners. The hope is to add to the groundswell of community-based initiatives that are working to counteract poverty and promote social inclusion
This webinar will:
- describe connections between poverty, mental health, and social exclusion
- address intersectionality with other experiences of marginalization
- provide an overview of the research contained in the book
- describe potential mitigation strategies that governments, organizations, and practitioners can adopt to promote social inclusion.