Racism and anti-racism in Housing First
2020-11-06 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
Racial justice is important to the health and housing sectors. Research has shown troubling over-representation of Black and Indigenous populations in homelessness.
The Ontario Housing First Regional Network Community of Interest’s presents a webinar on racism and anti-racism in Housing First. This webinar is for mental health and addictions stakeholders, the health and housing sectors, and public health professionals.
Date: Friday November 6, 2020
Time: 1:00 – 2:30 PM EDT.
This webinar will examine ways to appropriately serve racialized populations by highlighting:
- an anti-racism, anti-oppression-based HF program in Toronto, part of the At Home/Chez Soi Demonstration Project
- how the original At Home/Chez Soi HF programs were adapted in Winnipeg to include the Wiisocotatiwin/Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), Ni-Apin and Wi Che Win Indigenous approaches, values and cultural lenses
- an Indigenous HF program in Ottawa.
- Aseefa Sarang, Executive Director, Across Boundaries: An Ethnoracial Mental Health Centre
- Betty Edel, Manager, Housing Supports, End Homelessness Winnipeg
- Lucille Bruce, President and Chief Executive Officer, End Homelessness Winnipeg
- Tina Slauenwhite, Director of Housing, Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health
- Dr. Vicky Stergiopoulos, Physician-in-Chief, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health