- Provincial Committee
- Regional & Local Committees
Regional and Local HSJCCs
Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Pine Ridge
Northwest Regional Centre of Responsibility
- Our Work
- Biennial Conference
- This event has passed.
Strategies for Supporting a Loved One Who Uses Substances
April 24 @ 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
This two-part interactive and engaging workshop will build the capacity of friends and family members to understand substance use and addiction and how best to support their loved ones. This course will provide participants with strategies, tools, and resources for supporting their loved ones who use substances as well as themselves. Additionally, the second session will contain a presentation and Q&A with a family member with lived experience.
- Gain an understanding of the continuum of substance use.
- Develop an understanding of why individuals may use substances.
- Develop learning around how individuals make changes through the Stages of Change model.
- Learn how to set and maintain healthy boundaries.
- Develop ways to communicate with your loved one in an open, non-judgmental communication style.
- Learn about resources in Ontario that can provide support to your loved one.
$59 – $89