- Provincial Committee
- Regional & Local Committees
Regional and Local HSJCCs
Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Pine Ridge
Northwest Regional Centre of Responsibility
- Our Work
- Biennial Conference
Provincial HSJCC Biennial Conference
The Provincial HSJCC Biennial Conference is the network’s premiere educational event bringing together over 400 professionals and persons with lived experience from across Ontario.
Suicide in teenagers: Signs, symptoms and risk factors
April 4 @ 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
The prevalence rate of suicide in teenagers remains unacceptably high. Why? What are the warning signs and risk factors for suicidal behaviour in teens? What can be done to intervene? What role does mental illness play? What role does media (social media, television, movies, and etc.) play?
This training will elucidate a clear understanding of how to recognize the signs of suicide in teenagers and what to do about it.
- Describe the differences between “normal” sadness and clinical depression
- Identify risk factors and red flags for suicidal behaviour in teenagers
- Describe options for managing suicidal behaviours
- Describe protective factors and components of resilience in teenagers