- Provincial Committee
- Regional & Local Committees
Regional and Local HSJCCs
Haliburton-Kawartha Lakes-Pine Ridge
Northwest Regional Centre of Responsibility
- Our Work
- Biennial Conference
- This event has passed.
Youth & Cannabis Use: Landscape in Canada
March 30 @ 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
This free webinar extracts findings from various Canadian national surveys and addresses FAQs such as:
- What is the prevalence of youth cannabis use in Canada? How do youths’ cannabis use differ from adults’ demographics?
- How does cannabis use compare with use of other substances (i.e alcohol, tobacco) amongst youth in Canada?
- Do youth report mixing cannabis with other substances, and what are the potential harms of doing so?
- How has legalization of cannabis impacted youth in Canada?
- Does initiating use at a younger age increase the likelihood of developing problem cannabis use?
- What are potential harms of cannabis use during adolescence?
- What risk/protective factors may influence the chances of a youth experiencing harms from substance use?
- What harm reduction strategies are suggested if someone is considering using cannabis?
- With all of this information, what strategies can adults use with youth to approach the topic of cannabis use in a non-judgmental, supportive way, promote wellness and foster positive youth development?