3rd Annual Canadian Health and Wellbeing in Developmental Disabilities
2024-02-07 @ 8:00 am – 2024-02-08 @ 5:00 pm
The Canadian Health and Wellbeing in Developmental Disabilities Conference is an interprofessional conference where health care providers and community partners connect to share educational and informative updates and practical, innovative, promising and effective practices that improve the health and wellbeing of people with developmental disabilities across the lifespan.
The conference strives to achieve equity, diversity, and inclusion through recognition of intersectionality—the inter-connected nature of social categorizations such as race, class, and gender as they apply to people with developmental disabilities, creating overlapping and interdependent systems of discrimination or disadvantage.
After participating in this conference, relating to supporting people with developmental disabilities across the lifespan, participants will be able to:
- Discuss innovative, promising, and effective practices that contribute to positive physical and mental health outcomes, interprofessional collaboration, and strategic leadership
- Identify possible solutions for core issues and challenges faced by the people being supported, their families, and community partners
- Explore evidence-based clinical best practices relating to physical and mental health
- Discuss the role of community healthcare in maintaining and improving quality of life
- Develop, maintain, and expand interprofessional partnerships in order to provide more effective supports