- This event has passed.
January 29 @ 9:00 am – 1:30 pm
This workshop presents an overview of trauma-informed support. The framework will be linked to a foundational discussion of what trauma is and how people may respond to traumatic events. The trauma informed framework will be operationalized with practical skills and interventions to support clients who may have experienced trauma.
- Understand trauma-informed support
- Understand trauma
- Understand the physiological responses to trauma
- Identify symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and its long-term effects
- Identify direct service skills key to trauma informed support
- Understand the importance of self-care